SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I have just been telling you about. My girlfriend and I lost

Customer Question

Hi I have just been telling you about. My girlfriend and I lost the connection
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK my girlfriend is In the us
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My girlfriend her mom passed away has left her money in her will the lawyer refuses to release any money until he is paid my girlfriend hasn't got the money to pay him until January but he is pressuring her to pay the money before then
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm not happy with the lawyer pressuring my girlfriend for money without a valid excuse
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The solicitors didn't tell us about the fees until we signed the will
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

Hello, how are you today?

My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist with your query. Let me just read your post.

Things may be a bit slower today as it is a weekend, but please be assured I will get back to you with a response as soon as I can.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

Is this in England?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I do not wish to call you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I can wait for your reply
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

I'm not available for calls - that's an automated site pop up.

Is this solicitor in England? If yes, can you give me their name.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This is a lawyer in the usa
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

You said 'solicitors'. They don't have solicitors in the US.

Probate, however, has its fees for lawyers taken from the estate - the beneficiaries do not have to pay anything over themselves before inheritances are paid.

I suspect you may be being scammed.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 10 days ago.

You can find a list of the American Bar Directories here: https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home/flh-bar-directories-and-lawyer-finders/

However, the easiest method of discovering it is a scam, is whether you are being asked to find the money to help this person get the inheritance. If you are, then it's more than likely a scam as no beneficiary of a will has to pay the lawyer's fee before inheriting. That doesn't happen anywhere in the world as far as I am aware. The fees for the lawyers always come out of the estate before the beneficiaries get their inheritance.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 10 days ago.

Thank you so much for using JA and allowing me to answer your query for you. If you have further questions about my responses above, please do feel free to ask them in this thread.

If you have questions on different topics, you can open a new thread and mark it for my attention by putting FORCustomerONLY in the subject heading, or choosing me as your preferred expert from your membership page.

All the best!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you for your help
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 10 days ago.

You're welcome.