12826847

I made a mistake while i was drunk, i sat into a car which

Customer Question

Hello!
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I made a mistake while i was drunk, i sat into a car which was not mine and drove 800 meters, then parked the car and gave it to the rightfull owner, now im facing charges from monaco
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Monaco
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  RJM Law replied 15 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** what i need!First a little about me: I am 25 years old, from Norway and i am a student in monaco. I am nice guy and have never been in trouble before, never even gotten so much as a parking ticket. but here is the case: I was walking home from a party in Monaco, i was to drunk and i dont remember it to much. But there was this car/mini truck which was standing along the road, i dont know why but i was very close to it and tried to open it, more as a joke i would belive. unfortunatly the door was open, and i sat inside. There was also the keys on the dashboard. So i started the car and drove 5 meters before i knew i had done something wrong, but there was no place to stop, so in total i drove 800 meters or so before i parked the car. No harm to anyone or anything. When i got out two men approached me, they beat me and took my phone and some cash from my wallet. After that another man walked down to the police again, he said we could either fix this with money or we could go to the police. Since i was beaten and a little shaken i choose the cops, which arrested me on the spot and took a alkohol test which scored 0.84, (0.5 is the legal in monaco). I was then taken to the station, went through all the procedures and will have my hearing 14 of march. But what do i do now, will i go to prison? does this hurt my future, is there anyway of keeping this of my record, is there anything i can do to fix this, or is this a hopeless situation. Im a master student with to degrees in sports, and all i want is to be sucessfull and live a peacefull life, i cannot belive what i have done, i am so regretfull, i will do anything to make this right, but have no idea what to do
Expert:  RJM Law replied 15 days ago.

I do apologies as this has been sent the UK forum so. I am not qualified in this area of law.  If you notify the website admin about this they can post your question in the correct forum.   I wish you all the best with the matter.