How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 8148
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I want to know if i can travel after applying for my PBS ILR

Customer Question

I want to know if i can travel after applying for my PBS ILR as I will have a valid leave to remain BRP
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the green card?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 10 days ago.


I am a solicitor.

You should not travel outside the common travel area (the UK, Ireland and so on) until your ILR application is decided as you will be treated as having withdrawn your application if you leave the common travel area.

You should wait until your ILR application has been decided.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate your help
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have a separate question with regards ***** ***** worker visa. The requirement of English language is B1, does that mean only listening and speaking test will be valid or the candidate needs to appear for full readig writing speaking and listening test?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 10 days ago.

B1 Speaking and listening test is what is required.

All the best

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello Dear Team
Upon looking at the IELTS B1 level, the table shows UKVI Ielts as applicable test at B1. UKVI at B1 includes all four modules reading, writing speaking and listening. Can you please clarify if an employee can come to UK on skilled worker visa with just the B1 level of speaking and listening?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 8 days ago.

The Listening and speaking test is for ILR which I thought you were asking about.

For a skilled worker visa, all four skills (listening, reading, writing and speaking) are required at B1.

All the best