How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcinlondon Your Own Question
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 658
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Marcinlondon is online now

I am very disappointed with the service that I had from an

This answer was rated:

Good morning,
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am very disappointed with the service that I had from an online company, I hired an out door igloo to have my 10 th years old bday girl,sleep over party and they have left a bed faulty and wouldn't take responsibility of it
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The igloo company, it is called. And I have the igloo herr.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I called her straight away 20min after they left. And she said she can not help. And when she left the beds everything was ok. Nothing she can do. I paid £500 + Extra £300 for redelivery ( because nobody was at home when they initially attempt to deliver it). I feel this service is a massive scam.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want to ask £300 back. And want to know can I decline to open the door for collect this igloo? It is in my garden.

Hello, this is MarcInLaw and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.

Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am sorry to hear about it. It is unlikely that you can keep the igloo as a result of the poor service that you have received. You are entitled to ask for a refund / partial refund under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 but you need to contact the company in writing, set out what has gone writing with evidence and justify how the services/products provided were not fit for the purpose, were not of satisfactory quality.

So to answer your question, they are entitled to collect their possession.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can you write to them in my behalf?

We can't. The site rules.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions, I will help to the extent I can.

Marcinlondon and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you