Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

The & Duck Trust has a copyright 2011 on a thesis of the

Customer Question

The Hall & Duck Trust has a copyright 2011 on a thesis of the history of the lawn mower, this has been widely read and used by various researchers, who have acknowledged the copyright. If you go into wickipaedia they use the thesis which clearly state the copyright (no problem) The problem I have is an author of a new book. Two Men went to Mow by Clive Gravett, by Unicorn publishing, have blaitently usaed this sight without, acknowledgement in the book, which also appears to have broken the rules set by wickipaedia, where do I go from here
JA: Do you have a registration record?
Customer: Yes you can see it on our web site www.hdtrust.org
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer? What documentation do you have?
Customer: No this is the first time as I need to know how to tackle this with the publishers
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I think its quiet straight forward
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 14 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.

Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

The first thing which needs to be done is to send a cease and desist letter - https://www.rocketlawyer.com/gb/en/sem/cease-and-desist-letters?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-eeMBhCpARIsAAZfxZD2thCfuvFIIMvboH4PvT9bT7iqF8E30Nj7jolpTfZn3upDhq-i7EMaArGsEALw_wcB

You can create a free template above.

If this does not help, you will need to consider issuing a claim in the small claims court for breach of the intellectual property rights.