Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I am a financial director working for a company with

I am a financial director working for a company with cashflow issues. I have been asked not to delay payment of the PAYE and we also have some seriously overdue creditors. I believe we are trading insolvently. I am currently a statutory director for one company and secretary for 8 companies. I am currently working my 3 months notice period and am concerned about my professional reputation. What can I do to protect myself in this situation?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am working in the midlands in England.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have found another job and am currently working my notice period. I have expressed my concerns to the board about the cashflow position, but am being largely ignored.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No there is nothing else that I can think of currently.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.

Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am sorry to hear about this. You should be raising your concerns in writing (and this should be an item on agenda) during your board meeting.

If you take no action - you are implicating yourself, professionally, and possibly criminally as well, under the Companies Act and Insolvency Act.

Feel free to come back with any follow up questions. I will help to the extent I can.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
As I have resigned should I seek to have my Director status and secretary status amended on companies house now, or at the point where I leave the company?

As long as the resignation as a director was effective immediately, you should update Companies House asap.