How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcinlondon Your Own Question
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 668
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Marcinlondon is online now

Trader for house roof and decoration quoted £10150 and asked

Customer Question

Trader for house roof and decoration quoted £10150 and asked advance 40%. I paid with the agreement will carryout as quoted and complete job before Sept 20th 2021. I did the payment on 23rd August 2021. As he from start didn't do according the quote, he started very late and instead of scaffolding installed small tower. And after doing cowboy job, said roof repairs complete. So I told trader AD Maintenance Services to stop. Now I got it done by professional trader. Now with the citizen advice I sent two letters to trader but no reply from him. Now want take him to court please help.
JA: Where is the trader? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The property is in Croydon CR0 6TH and trader's name Assif Dadabhoy from N9 7ER.
JA: What steps has the trader taken so far?
Customer: He is quite, even he is not answering the phone calls.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The trader has been cheating the customers, previously doing this type of work. He doesn't have skilled workers.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 12 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.

Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 11 days ago.

Thank you for your patience. As you have sent a letter before claim, the next step would be to issue a claim in the small claims court. This is where you can start the process:

You will have to set out your claim in the box, most of the information should already included in the letter before claim which CAB helped you draft.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 11 days ago.

Feel free to ask me here in case of any issues. I will help to the extent I can.