How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13537
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Libel claim. I am a victim of a savage attack with a crow

This answer was rated:

Libel claim. I am a victim of a savage attack with a crow bar.I have a fractured skull.The local papers have named me. As well as the alleged assailant. Trolls have have access online and are making up stories about me! Police have been informed.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Cumbria in England. I have not spoken to any other party
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have reported to police about malicious communications and phones the newspaper. It is all still very much live online
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This is possibly contempt of court as jurors could see these malicious comments if it went to trial?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The newspaper in News & Star..... their website is
You can see the story if scrolling? Its starts as Crow bar attack!
Trolls have gotten on there and are spreading malicious lies.
I am giving a statement to Cumbria Police on Tuesday morning 23 November 2021 0830 hours

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello Buachaill
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am not available on the phone right now

1.  You should see a solicitor first thing on Monday morning and get the solicitor to contact the News & Star and get them to take down the comments which have been written about you. In the meantime, you should seek to contact the Editor of the News & Star yourself to have the comments removed.  Ultimately, you will need to sue each of the trolls for libel for spreading false statements about you.  In the meantime, you should seek to have the comments taken down yourself by contacting the Editor.  Ultimately, because the statements are false, you have a good claim in libel in relation to them.  However, your solicitor will be able to have them removed because they have the potential to pervert the course of justice because potential jurors might see them.

2.  You can also report the making of the comments to the police when you are interviewed by them on Tuesday morning.  The police will be interested in preventing the making of false statements about the incident in advance of a full trial of the matter.  So, they can direct the News & Star to take them down.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

3. If you require clarification or if you wish to share additional information, I will  be happy to assist further in the resolution of your question.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

4.  You are welcome.  Glad to be of assistance.

Buachaill and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you