Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Company call kitchen plus bathroom installed new kitchen in

Customer Question

company call kitchen plus bathroom installed new kitchen in April since then we have had number of faults incluiding chips in doors replaced with incorrect colour , worktop joint visible,cooker left without screw to attach noticed heat on the door next to it, new flooring damaged by workmen, cupboards doors not lined up, workmen not followed planed by designer from the company
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: peterlee sr85ph company were recently taken to court
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: 1 number of telephone calll
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: 2 agreed to come and correct thing but made matters worse
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

The Consumers Rights Act 2015 states that services provided must be performed with reasonable care and skill.

Where services are below standards then the consumer can seek to exercise a number of remedies.

Remedies such as price reduction, repairs at no costs, etc.

Do you understand what I have stated so far if yes I will proceed to discuss the next step.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
done that kitchen still not completed lots of repairs outstanding come yesterday to complete work men sent incorrect colour for doors damaged then noticed what we asked for and installed or more cream than white work top unable to complete states again need new worktop full length of kitchen , cooker not screwd in never sent item again heat noticed on side of the kitchen door , loads of other thing company nto turning up when arranged damaged flooring give make and bar code still waiting damaged new outside door keep patching it up loads of other thing wrong dont no what to do now thats why im asking

I suggest you seek to obtain a second opinion from a kitchen specialist on both the costs to fix the issues and then send the quote and the report to the original contractor.

Notify them if the issues are not repaired and or you do not receive a response you will consider instructing the other kitchen specialist to fix the issues and then you will sue them for the costs.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thinking of going to trading standards
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
also getting a no win no fee solicitor

That's not a bad idea too. I recommend that too.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
do you know any solicitors in this area who i could contact
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
sr85ph

You can find a local solicitor using the link below which takes you to a search engine for local solicitors.

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I hope I have clarified the position.