Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I would like to ask about a small claims against my ex

Customer Question

Hi, i would like to ask about a small claims against my ex partner?
JA: The Lawyer can help you determine if you have a case. Where are you located? These laws vary by location.
Customer: I was living in kent at the time but have had to move to surrey where i am at the moment.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Such as?
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 10 days ago.
Good afternoon thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Can you provide some further information in relation to your question so that I can best advise you?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I was with my ex partner for just over 2 years, in that time I lent him money to puchase a car, pay for repairs on the car and also to claim back money towards rent which i paid at least 90% off.
Thank you for the clarification, this is outside the scope of my expertise therefore I will opt out to allow another expert to pick this up.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 10 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

In essence you will not be in a position to bring legal action because there was no intention to create legal relations necessary for a contract that is to say the courts will presume that you did not intend to bring legal proceedings based on these agreements due to your relationship, I trust this assists