How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1403
Type Your Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

My grandmother died intestate. She was widowed and had only

Customer Question

my grandmother died intestate. She was widowed and had only only child (my father). My father never applied for letters of administration but he recently passed with a will. How do I obtain a grant of probate for his estate if he never obtained a grant of letters of administration?
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Cayman Islands (British Overseas Territory) - follows UK succession law for the most part
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: i have the original will i can obtain an affidavit from my grandmother's only surviving sister that my father was her only child
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i have birth/death certificates no
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 9 days ago.

Hello, thank you for contacting JustAnswer. I will be assisting you with your question  I appreciate that it is important that you find the appropriate answer as soon as possible.
Please note that my support on this site is for general information only and there is no intention to create a legal relationship. I will do my best to answer your question in the best possible way, I would kindly ask that you give me a moment to review your question and I will revert to you as soon as possible.

Expert:  frantzgregory replied 9 days ago.

If your father died with a will he doesn't need to apply for a letter of administration. His executor can apply for probate  with his will.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
that makes sense. thanks
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 9 days ago.

You are welcome