james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Fraudulent transaction, In London, CHallenged them to abide

Fraudulent transaction
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: CHallenged them to abide by their agreement. They said no.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not really

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

How may I assist?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
OK A UK crypto trading company https://greentowerinv.com/login/ offers the following service.
1. Join up and pay a joining fee. There is then a window of trading. If there is a loss it is capped. If there is an upside two things happen:
2. You are informed that your share of the upside is $X and that based on this there is an amount of equity you are to pay. Had to be compiled after trading to equate to the upside.
3. If you dont make the payment your balance rolls over and another trading period happens. Say 1 month. But at the end the of the new period the "top up equity" is obviously more.
4. If you do make the payment you get the upside and start again with another deposit.
5. A little unusual but there is a signed agreement and strict conditions to repay stated in the letter. I can attach it
6. So I paid and was told my upside was coming and I would be able to start again and keep trading plus share a little upside.
7. But after a few days the Company said the world has changed and BTC v USD changed - none of this is in the agreement or mentioned in my discussions during trading.
8. The new amount is clearly significant as it is to stop you drawing down your rightful and agreed amount.
9. So what can I do?

It is not clear whether this company is genuine or not. I have made a quick check and this article would suggest not.

https://www.forexbrokerz.com/brokers/green-tower-investments-review-is-greentowerinv-com-scam-or-good-forex-broker

You should contact the financial conduct authority and enquire.

https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/cryptoassets

Many issues relating to crypto in the U.K. are very high risk and not protected by the Financial ombudsman should something got wrong. This is the biggest risk with this type of get rich quick type investments, often if they appear to good to be true they often are.

The web address you have attached does not appear to allow entry showing access denied.

If you think you have been scammed then contact action fraud.

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It was no different to my own crypto trading so not a get rich scheme but a slog

I understand. Unfortunately there are many out there that are not what they appear. Very good advertising, easy to invest but impossible to withdraw. A good sign of something wrong is when a person has to pay more to take out.

Again, check out with the FCO and if need be report to action fraud if not genuine.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok all good

Your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.