How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5872
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

A company I have paid a large deposit with have gone into

This answer was rated:

A company I have paid a large deposit with have gone into liquidation, what can I do?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: East Lancashire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing really...just panicked
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The service we paid for should have been starting on the 6th December

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If the company you paid  has gone into liquidation, then you need to write to the administrators dealing with the company to register your claim.

You need to explain exactly how much money you’re owed, and what the payment et was for.

There’s no guarantee you’ll get all or any of your money back because it's likely the company has many debts.

At best often creditors which you will be one, may only get pennies in the pound back.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No thank you

Make sure you contact the administrators to register your claim, otherwise you will get nothing.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and 6 other Law Specialists are ready to help you