How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5841
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My solicitor in charge of my cliam is holding on to my money

This answer was rated:

My solicitor in charge of my cliam is holding on to my money due them on able to GET thier from the third party
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in Bradford west Yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have sent email , spoke to the Cliam handler many times over 4 months but keep on saying they waiting for them to releas the money
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: They said they refused to releas the my because they refused to pay their court fees as we did go to court again

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

How may I assist.

Has your solicitor been paid your claim money?

Is it just court fees the other side have not paid them which is the reason for them holding your money?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
They have not paid me but they the party said they not paid for the court money hence claim solicitor said my money is not the problem but thier they want them to pay all then they will send mine to me after the deductions
I them said they should allow thnm pay mine and follow theirs up with them
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please help me out is almost three years since the matter started
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The name of the Solicitors is Bakariey Solicitors in Bradford
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
We did not go to court again as we have accepted the offer

If they have received your money they should not be delaying paying you simply because the other side has not paid them the legal costs. They can certainly Claim that separately.

I would advice that You  write to the firm and lodge a formal complaint, tell them that if they refuse to release your money, you will lodge formal complaints with both the legal ombudsman and the Solicitors regulation authority.

I have attached links to both below.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thanks I will do this I will call them and also send them an email

Your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks this is one off if I need your assistance agsin I will get back to you
Thanks I will act as directed

You can come back to this question  anytime and it will come straight to me.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
How can I cancelled this contract I paid £5 yesterday but said I will continue to paid £50 monthly
IAt present I want to cancel it but will come back when I need your help or advice
Christopher Okunkpolor

kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you. Their number is: 0808(###) ###-####