How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10408
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I live in Spain but I am a co director of a property company

This answer was rated:

Hi, I live in Spain but I am a co director of a property company in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK. I am one of only 2 directors with my sister and we inherited a 50% share of the company each. I do not have access to the company accounts nor the company bank account, I do not know who the company solicitor or account is, if any. I need to gain access to my company from here in Spain. What can I do...
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Spain
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have written to my ssiter requesting all of the above several times but I gave her 14 days to respond before seeking legal advice last time and time is up
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not that I can think of

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

You would need to take her to court for breaching her fiduciary duties as a director under the Companies Act 2006. If you want to bring a legal case you should complete a claim form using form N1 here:

Once done send it to your sisters nearest county court:

You will need to contact them and pay the issue fee.

If you want to find a solicitor to assist with this process and represent you at the hearing you can find a solicitor using the Law Society find a solicitor search option here: You can search by town or postcode to find one near you, as well as area of law in this case business law. I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you but the from N1 is to claim an amount of money which I am not trying to do. I want a court order forcing her to make available all the company bank statements and accounts since we inherited the company and also to reveal the name and contact details of the company solicitor and account
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No I want the answer in writing
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Its a simple question "how do I get a court order for the above"

No the N1 claim form is the form used to issue a claim in the county court. As I have set out, you would bring a claim under the N1 claim form for breaching fiduciary duties under the companies act and during those proceedings or at the end as part of any judgement obtain an order for disclosure of the information required. I trust this assists