MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Me and my wife gave separated and she wants to have our

Me and my wife gave separated and she wants to have our house . I'm happy for her to have it . She said she will get a solicitor and go from there. My question is. Will I need a solicitor aswell or shall I wait until I receive a letter from her solicitor before I get my own?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Gloucestershire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing. I've moved out and that's it so far
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I dont think so .

Hi, I am happy to help you with your enquiry today.

The necessity of having a solicitor in divorce depends on the kind of divorce you will be getting.

If she applies for divorce via post/online, you should receive a form to fill up. You are under no legal obligation to hire a solicitor if this is the route that both of you will take. You only need to wait for the form to turn up, fill it up the form with the appropriate information, and send it back. It will also give both of you the opportunity to agree on your finances ammicably.

If there are disputes arising from how you would like to separate your finances, it is advisable to get a solicitor to assist you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
There as been no mention of divorce at this moment in time she just wants the house sorted so it will be in her name and responsibility

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Am I better waiting to receive a letter from her solicitor first before I get my own solicitor?

I see, apologies for I may have misread the question. In that instance, I advise you to also contact a solicitor in order to assist you in drafting a concrete separation agreement involving the house. Having a solicitor during the discussions of dividing your properties and finances will ensure that both of your assets will be divided fairly and accurately.

Would you like assistance in getting a solicitor near your area?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your help. I no of a solicitor locally thanks

No problem. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have further enquiries.

Thank you for your enquiry today. Please let me know if I can assist further.