How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 190
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I worked for amazon last november and left at the end of

Customer Question

hi i worked for amazon last november and left at the end of november last year and i recieved an invoise and a payment from these last week and was wondering what i can do about this because like i said to my old boss i dont see how my name was used when i havnt worked there for so long and they are asking for the money back which i thought it might of been money owed for some reason is this classed as fraud as they have used my name without me knowing
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: birkenhead cheshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i havnt took any yet as i wanted to get advise first
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: well tbh i dont know if it is to late or not but the way he has spoke to me over this and when i used to work there in my eyes is bullying he doesnt speak to me with respect and i ended getting a water infection when i worked there cause i couldnt stop for a break cause i used to get phone calls all day saying i wasnt on target and was falling behind i actually wet myself once because i was trying to stay on target to much
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

Hi, I am happy to help you with your enquiry today.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

May I ask if any amount was taken from your bank account? If yes, I advise you to do the following steps:

(1) Contact your bank or card provider to alert them. You could be liable for all money lost before you report it; (2) Try to contact your local authorities.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
the money was paid into my account
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

There are also government agencies that specialize in dealing with similar frauds such as yours, one of which is Action Fraud UK. You may contact their hotline at  0300(###) ###-####

If you feel that your personal data is being used by your old employer, I highly suggest contacting the Information Commissioner's Office at email address***@******.***, or Telephone: 0303(###) ###-#### They are an agency specializing in unauthorized use of your personal data by your employer.

Lastly, it is best to also contact the customer service of Amazon and see if they can trace who made the purchases on your account.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
the money was put into my account like i worked there and they i have been asked to pay it back cause they made a mistake but i want to know why my name was used after a year of me leaving
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i cant afford the phone call sorry
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

I see.

To clarify, your previous employers can keep the several data about their employees without their permission. Some of these data include name, address, date, sex, National Insurance number, and even some sensitive data such as genetics and biometrics.

Employers are obliged by law to keep these data and information confidential even though you have left the workplace. If you feel like your information is being mismanaged, you have the right to inform your employer to stop using your information. If your previous employer does not comply even after your demand, you may seek assistance with the Information Commissioner's Office thru their contact details above.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
there is nothing i can do about it because they are asking for the money back which i cant afford right now as when it went into my account it went back out on bills and i know that they can keep my records but i still think i should be able to do somthing as its not fair that they made a mistake and falsly used my information causing me to have to find nearly £100 which i dont have
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

There is another option available to you, you could instruct a no win no fee employment law lawyer. Would you like me to provide details on  how to locate one?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
how does this work
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.
You can use the website above using your postcode. Please respond on here if I can guide any further.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
do i have to pay anything upfront
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

No they should be able to assess the case on a no win no fee basis for you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
okay thanks for you help
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 6 days ago.

No problem, happy to help.