Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I've had a package flown over from turkey to manchester I

I've had a package flown over from turkey to manchester I had it in storage there
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Now there has been a few issues with it all costing money they are now asking for 1300 for anti terrorist clearance all its got in is personal stuff I live in Preston Lancashire I just want to know if this is correct
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None I've just paid them first it was 1400 for a certificate for international something then they wanted 3000 pounds to deliver I've paid 1000 they agreed to this than I paid 600 pounds for an ownership certificate now they want 1350 for this anti terrorist clearance can they do this
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Wi it cost me money I haven't got any

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What exactly is in the package and who sent it to you?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's personal documents and some money I worked on the North Sea platform for 12 months so I sold every thing to take up this position
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No please don't ring I can't afford yo pay please stick with texting

Please can you explain this in some more detail. What documents are there and what is this position you are referring to?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It was my package I had put into storage for when my contract finished
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
My personal documents and the position was as an engineer on the North see platform
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The company that had this instead contacted me and said they were having problems so I asked them to send it to my partners in england now they are asking for all amounts of money before they can deliver
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello are you still there

OK thank you. Please provide the company name and a link to their website

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The company is Called***@******.***

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me and I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about this situation and any associated issues.

Everything that you have told me points towards this being a scam – all the excuses for the extra fees are tried and tested methods for scammers to extract money from their victims. Specifically, things like the anti-terrorist clearance is something that does not exist and is a totally made-up thing, which is adopted my scammers to find an excuse to ask you for money.

In order to report this, you should contact Action Fraud (The National Fraud and Cyber Crime Reporting Centre), by calling 0300(###) ###-####or online: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/reporting-fraud-and-cyber-crime

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you the company just laughed at us and said do what we want and still won't deliver they say they still want this 1320 pounds for the anti terrorist clearance

Under no circumstances should you pay that amount as you will lose it, that is guaranteed, and you won’t get anything in return. Report them and make sure you pay nothing further to them

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
They are still insisting on payment before they will deliver our package my partner wants to pay he doesn't believe its a non existing certificate

All I can tell you is that this is clearly a scam and sending any more money will simply mean that you lose it and get nothing in return. I cannot stop you or your partner from making such payments and how you deal with that part is now up to you, but hopefully you can convince him that you are going to lose more money (in the same way you have lost the money you have already sent to date).