Inderdeep
Inderdeep,
Experience:  Expert
113018724

We own two b2let property n both our names but no main

Customer Question

we own two b2let property n both our names but no main residence property as been out of the country. Do we have to pay the higher stamp duty bracket for buying our main residential home?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none I just want to work out the SD
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Inderdeep replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer i will be assisting you today.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 15 days ago.

Please note the following points:-

Just Answer host the website and deal with payments and billing. Any queries or concerns about this must be raised with their customer services ( tel: 0808(###) ###-####. I am just a legal expert answering your enquiry and do not have any involvement with the fees charged by the website.

My replies are always in writing.

I may not respond straight away if i am away from my desk but will respond as soon as i am able to so please be patient.

Any pop up requests are generated by the website. If you request a telephone call with an expert it will be with whichever expert is available. Customer services will undertake this. This service is subject to additional charges and with whichever expert that is available at that time.

If you accidentally select a call you will need to contact customer services.

We as experts only provide general legal advise. We do not offer legal representation or client/solicitor retainer.

The advice that i provide is general legal advice and i may also refer you to government guidance which is publicly available.

I cannot act as your solicitor or enter into a client/solicitor relationship. If you need representation you need to instruct a solicitor.

If your enquiry requires me to read and advise on documentation this is a premium service subject to additional costs of which you will be advised.

If you require urgent legal representation you should consider contacting any of the following organisations:- www.citizensadvice.org.uk;

solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk;

www.barcouncil.org.uk

I will now turn to your enquiry and assist you as best i can so please bear with me.

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 15 days ago.

If at the end of the transaction you own more than 1 property you will be liable for the higher rate stamp duty

Expert:  Inderdeep replied 15 days ago.

As they are both buy to let properties and not a property you resided in or a replacement of residence there would be no relief available.