How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3770
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

Have a problem, 3 years ago I ordered classical guitar with

Customer Question

Hi have a problem
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: 3 years ago I ordered classical guitar with Polish luthier. I paid one year because this guitar was very expensive
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am on London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: This guitar was sensed 2 time. First tax for this was 600 pounds. I send back this guitar because the prices was really expensive.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: And luthier send me again and add explanation that guitar was made before brexit
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Next I get information that I must to pay 1500 pounds
I texted a lot of emails and told that this guitar should be sent again to the sender because fins another way. Even I spoken with UPS' advisor that I don't want pay this and this qitar should be sent to Poland. In the website were info that guitar is in the way to Poland. Next day UPS put this parcel in the corridor. For 1 months UPS sens me invoice. I texted email that I don't want pay this .
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ups send me invoice again
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
text that this case will send to the court.
Can you help me please
Expert:  RJM Law replied 9 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Expert:  RJM Law replied 9 days ago.

Thank. you for the question.  It  really comes down to a question of if you are liable for the sums being sought against you.  If this is not the case and they look at court action, you can ,of course defend this action.   However if you are liable for these fees but do not have the funds to clear the debt, you would have to try and come to an agreement with the creditor of the debt.  If they take you to court and succeed in their claim, you would be liable for the debt and potentially the fees incurred in applying to the court.  You do have the right to defend this claim.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.