MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

My oldest child wishes to change their name, We live in

Hi my oldest child wishes to change their name
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: We live in Scotland. They are going to be 17 next month. They want to identify as male and change it from Kiera to Ezra
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: We have printed out the statutory declaration but we are unsure how to go about filing it rtc
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I can think of
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is there a certain type of solicitors that deal with this

Hi, I am happy to help you with your enquiry today.

Generally, everyone with parental responsibility for the child must consent to the name change. However, this rule does not apply if the child is 16 years of age or over (or approaching their 16th birthday).

In that case, they must apply for the name change their own via statutory declaration, and parental consent is no longer required. As to the recording process, the change of name can be recorded with the National Records of Scotland.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No thank you.

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future.

Thank you for your enquiry today. Please do not hesitate to contact me in future.