12826847

MY SON IS IN PRISON ON ATTEMPTED MURDER CHARGES OR

Customer Question

MY SON IS IN PRISON ON ATTEMPTED MURDER CHARGES OR ALTERNATIVELY SECTION 18A GB HIS DNA AND THE VICTIM'S WERE FOUND ON THE KNIFE THAT WAS USED AND THERE'S CCTV FOOTAGE, ALBEIT NOT VERY CLEAR, SHOWING LUNGING AT THE VICTIM HOLDING A SHINY INSTRUMENT AND SOON AFTER THE VICTIM FELL DOWN THIS HAPPENED AFTER A FIGHT WHICH HAD STARTED EARLIER IN A PUB BEFORE IT 'SPILLED' OVER OUTSIDE THE PUB HE IS ARGUING THAT HE ACTED IN SELF DEFENCE OR HAD NO INTENTION TO CAUSE GBH UNFORTUNATELY HIS LEGAL AID DEFENCE TEAM WANTS HIM TO PLEAD GUILT TO SECTION 18A AND SEEM NOT TO WANT TO LISTEN TO HIS STORY HE HAS ACCEPTED THAT KNIVES WERE USED DURING A MELEE OUTSIDE THE PUB AND INITIALLY HE WAS NOT 100% SURE THAT IT WAS HIM WHO HAD STABBED THE VICTIM WHO UNFORTUNATELY HAS SUFFERED LIFE CHANGING INJURIES THE VICTIM IS NOW BLIND (HE WAS STABBED IN THE CHEST THOUGH) MY SON IS REMORSEFUL BUT HE FEELS THAT HIS CURRENT TEAM IS NOT ACTING IN HIS BEST INTEREST HE IS PREPARED FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES BUT HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH HIS DEFENCE HAS IRRETRIEVABLY BROKEN DOWN BECAUSE OF WHAT HE PERCEIVES TO BE THE TEAM ESPECIALLY THE BARRISTER'S LACKADAISSICAL APPROACH TO HIS CASE IT SEEMS HE THE BARRISTER HE AGREED WITH THE PROSECUTION TO SECTION 18A WITH A SENTENCE OF 16 YEARS ADMITTEDLY THE SENTENCE IS FOR THE JUDGE TO DECIDE
JA: Does he have any upcoming court dates on the grievous bodily harm charges?
Customer: 17 JANUARY 2022
JA: Where did the grievous bodily harm occur?
Customer: WHERE AS IN WHICH PART OF THE BODY OR THE PLACE WHERE THIS HAPPENED?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: APART FROM THE FEES WE ARE LOOKING AT IF WE ENGAGE A PVT LAWYER I DONT HAVE ANYTHING TO ADD AT THE MOMENT
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What would you like to know about this matter please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
MY SON WANTS A NEW LEGAL TEAM TO REPRESENT HIM IN COURT HE HAS LOST TRUST AND CONFIDENCE IN HIS CURRENT TEAM AND BELIEVES THAT A NEW TEAM WOULD LOOK AT HIS CASE DIFFERENTLY AND HOPEFULLY SECURE A LESSER CHARGE (SECTION 20) OR AT LIST PUT FORWARD SOME MITIGATORY FACTORS BEFORE SENTENCING WHICH THE CURRENT TEAM IS NOT LIKELY TO ENTERTAIN
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

I presume he has legal aid?

Would you mind turning your caps lock off?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.

Thank you.  He can make an application to transfer legal aid.

But he has to show that there has been a breakdown in trust which is a high test.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 days ago.