MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I need to ask a question relating to submitting a human

Customer Question

i need to ask a question relating to submitting a human rights claim
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: hello
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nothing
JA: OK. I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Hi. I am happy to help you with your enquiry today. Can I ask further details about your enquiry?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i want to know how i submit a human rights claim to the high court
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

You may be able to take action under the Human Rights Act in the UK courts if a public authority breaches your human rights. However, the claim must be raised with the court within at least 3 months from the incident.

The process will also depend on the kind of human right violated. If it is a right involving employment, then the employment tribunals have jurisdiction. Court action about a decision by a public authority can also be had, and you will need to make an application for judicial review.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Do take note that human rights claims can be very technical and costly. Hence, I highly advise you to partner up with organizations that specialize in the field.

Organizations such as Liberty Human Rights is a renown organization in the filed that can assist in bringing up human rights claims with courts. They may be contacted at(###) ###-####3663 or vial email at***@******.***.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
One more question does the claim have to go directly to the court for example the High Court or can it be submitted to the county court money claims.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Also what type of claim form will i need to peruse a human rights claim against a Public Authority.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Martin is there any update to this question
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Hi yes, I am online again now.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

The court will want to see that you have taken all reasonable steps to protect your rights in the first instance.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

An informal complaint could be a telephone call or face-to-face conversation. It’s a good idea to include the following points in your discussion:

a short description of what happened
the specific human right or rights breached
the names and job titles of the people involved
the date and time of the incident
a description of how the incident affected you
what you want the organisation to do now - for example, review a decision or offer a better service, and
when you expect a reply.
Keep a record of the conversation and make a note of the date. It’s also a good idea to follow up the conversation with a letter recording what was discussed.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

If an informal approach doesn’t work, you can make a formal complaint. Most public authorities have their own complaints procedures. If there is one, you should usually follow it (but bear in mind the strict time limits for taking a case to court if you are considering doing so).

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

When you have done this, please let me know their response. I am then happy to review the same and guide further in respect of any settlement or pending court case.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with this afternoon?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i appreciate this highly and will be in touch
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 9 days ago.

No problem at all, happy to help.