How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JeremyT1020 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 571
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
JeremyT1020 is online now

Is it acceptable for a solicitor to discuss a clients unpaid

Customer Question

Is it acceptable for a solicitor to discuss a clients unpaid bill with the person who made the introduction
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: It's a firm of solicitors in Nantwich and l am in lancashire
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: No steps by me but on Friday they gave my phone number to someone else
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 8 days ago.
Good morning and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in family matters and dispute resolution so I'd be happy to offer some guidance.In the first instance it is completely unacceptable to be discussing such matters unless you have explicitly given them permission to do so (in writing or verbally). It is a gross breach of your privacy and a probable contravention of the GDPR regulations. In the first instance, you may want to make a complaint to the complaints manager. It is possible you could escalate this matter and, ultimately, complain to the Legal Ombudsman and/or the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 5 days ago.
Good evening. I note I haven't heard from you for several days. I trust you're happy with my answer to your question and urge you to escalate the matter to the Legal Ombudsman or the SRA if you do not get a satisfactory response from the solicitor.If you need any further assistance, please let me know. Otherwise, thank you for your question and for using Just Answer. Kind regards, J