SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

My Grandaughter has a holiday home which can anly be used

Customer Question

my Grandaughter has a holiday home which can anly be used 8mths a year.She now wants to buy her 1st home,she is being told she doesnt qualify as a 1st time buyer ,Is this correct. John Slade.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: she is in Luton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: made an offer on a masonette
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 9 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
I am a solicitor in England and Wales and It is my pleasure to be assisting you today. I may ask for further information in order to determine a legal position.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
can she qualify for 1st time buyer on her massonette , as she has a holiday home only with 8 mths usage.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
PLEASE REPLY ON E-MAIL
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please confirm details of holiday property and 1st time buyers question.

I may not respond immediately as i will be concluding another case, please bear with me. I will respond once done rest assured today.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
You should have all the details

Thank you for your patience. Yes it is correct as long as her name is ***** ***** Title Deed for the  holiday home she is already a property owner and it does not matter the location. She will regrettably therefore not be able to claim that she is a first time buyer.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am glad to clarify anything for you. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best,