Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Parked in a retail park car park and have a PCN for £100 for

Customer Question

parked in a retail park car park and have a PCN for £100 for going 10 mins over the 2.5 hour free parking time. Is this enforceable? We did visit a shop served by the car park but then went to cinema adjacent that has a council run car park
JA: What are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: newport, gwent
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: only the parking charge notice
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing else
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

When you agree to park in a site you are deemed to accept the parking site's terms and conditions regarding parking your vehicle. Therefore unless the terms and conditions were not placed in areas that were visible and the terms and conditions permitted you to park for the duration you did  for free then its unlikely you will escape the fine in question. Therefore before you pay or challenge the fine please consider the points raised because if you are not successful you could be facing a higher fee if court proceedings are commenced to recover the fee.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
what is your advice?

The enforcement is likely applicable as i have explained above unless you have evidence to prove you stayed in the car park within 2.5 hours and or the terms and conditions of parking there were not placed in a visible location.

If you don't have such information you may struggle to defend the claim.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
that's clear enough thanks

Your welcome

hank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe