MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

Separate representation, west yorkshire, we are working with

separate representation
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: west yorkshire
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: we are working with pm lawyers in sheffield who are dealing with the purchase and the selling of our property we are using Hodge Bank as our lender but we have just found out as the sols have admitted that their admin staff should have informed that they are not on the appointed panel for Hodge bank so now we have to find another solicitor for the buying part and also they are taking £299 for additional work dont think this is correct
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no i think i have said everything

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear about your circumstances, have they provided the reasons for why they are charging this £299 fee?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
They have said the fee is fir them to undertake work on a sep file
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank u
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry no i dont want a call costing £44 px

Thank you for the clarification, you can contact customer services to obtain a refund and I will not carry out the call.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sorry i am going to cancel this service as i dont wish to pay for phone calls thanks pattiex

That is no problem, it would appear you have already paid for a written response which I am happy to provide.

My first piece of advice would be to query this fee, I understand if this is a disbursement for search fees however it would not appear appropriate to charge a fee as they have made a mistake at their end which is likely to impact on your conveyancing matter.

If they do not waive the fee or provide an adequate reason, I would then escalate the matter this usually involves following some form of complaints procedure. As different firms have different procedures I would request a copy of the complaints process.

I would then raise a formal complaint in accordance with the complaints procedure. Within the complaints procedure there should be a timescale for providing a response to a complaint, if you have not received an adequate response then I would then considering escalating the matter to the appropriate body which is likely to be the legal ombudsman in your circumstances.