Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

My elderly father. He is not able to walk, unable to hear on

Customer Question

Hi my elderly father. He is not able to walk, unable to hear on thebphone and has lost all his bank details, PIN number, cash card, etc, so is unable to draw his pension or get any money out of the bank. Since I have no power of attorney, I can do nothing except pay the bills and buy the food, but I only work 24 hours a week on a low wage and I am struggling to afford it. My father would like access to his pension, so he can pay his bills.
JA: Where is he? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: He is in Charnwood, Leicestershire
JA: What steps has he taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I can't think of anything.
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 9 days ago.
Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am very sorry to hear about this. Have you tried taking your father to the bank? Additionally, your father can give you a power of attorney. A high street solicitor would be able to assist with this.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 6 days ago.
Please feel free to come back with the additional information and I will be happy to help. In the meantime, many thanks for using our service.