How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcinlondon Your Own Question
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 667
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Marcinlondon is online now

My elderly father. He is not able to walk, unable to hear on

Customer Question

Hi my elderly father. He is not able to walk, unable to hear on thebphone and has lost all his bank details, PIN number, cash card, etc, so is unable to draw his pension or get any money out of the bank. Since I have no power of attorney, I can do nothing except pay the bills and buy the food, but I only work 24 hours a week on a low wage and I am struggling to afford it. My father would like access to his pension, so he can pay his bills.
JA: Where is he? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: He is in Charnwood, Leicestershire
JA: What steps has he taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I can't think of anything.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 9 days ago.
Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so.Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship.Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 9 days ago.

I am very sorry to hear about this. Have you tried taking your father to the bank? Additionally, your father can give you a power of attorney. A high street solicitor would be able to assist with this.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 6 days ago.
Please feel free to come back with the additional information and I will be happy to help. In the meantime, many thanks for using our service.