Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

TNT express delivery has lied about the delivery of my

TNT express delivery has lied about the delivery of my passport. It claims to have tried to deliver on 18 November at 8.11 am; took a photo of my front door to prove they had been, but did not ring the doorbell. I was at home with my grandchildren. they have failed 3 x now....and I would have just accepted that and been patient, However on their complaints website I see this is their modus operandi. I have been witing for my passport since August. It was printed on 10 November. Sent to TNT on 14th, Worried about scams
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in South Queensferry near Edinburgh
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted the TNT services and they set a new date, failed to deliver 3x One has to wait from 8 am to 8 pm. Currently their tracking system is not working. Each time I have to cancel the whol days commitments with grandchildren as I do the before and after school run.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: There are now 2 parcels; My renewed UK passport, and all my legal supporting documents. As I said, I am concerned as it seems to bea mucg bigger problem than just me

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What is your specific query in relation to this please, so that I can best advise?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Why does TNT say they were at the door to deliver when they did not deliver. IE why are they lying?

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please leave it with me and I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can, usually the same day. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
no way! Online only and thanks
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
please look up TNT complaints website and see for yourself that this non delivery and lying is their modus operandi.Its not just me who is concerned.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I DID NOT ACCEPT AN OFFER OF A CALL
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I DID NOT. I shall report this to the OMBUDSMAN
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
THAT OFFER ACCEPTED is unalterable on your email. This is atrocious injustice.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
If you have withdrawn £44 from my account tou will not here the end of this You can keep your advice

Hello, I am just an independent user on this site, in the same way as you are, which means that unfortunately I have no involvement in the billing side of things. If you need to query anything to do with billing, charges or membership, you may be able to take certain actions by going to your account on this site. Alternatively, please contact the site’s customer service team directly. You can find their contact details by following this link:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us

Hopefully, they will resolve any issues you have to your satisfaction.

Going back to your query, I cannot say why they are doing this and why they are allegedly lying about having made attempts of delivery but as far as you are concerned, you do not actually have a legal relationship with them to be able to officially complain or take it any further. Your legal relationship is with the Passport office as they are the ones who arranged for the delivery and therefore they have a direct contract with TNT, not you. All you can realistically do is complain to the Passport Office, who in turn would have to take it up with the courier.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
you’ve charged me after all. Now I want to hear what you have to say

My rpely is above, thanks

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
A decent answer
But it’s a text response your website is misleading…so I paid without chatting to you. Not happy
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
my advice. Tell us directly that youll charge £49. Be honest. Your site is set up to deceive. Who on earth wants to pay £49 on a call when text only is £5.

Hi as mentioned I am not in any way involved in the billing side of things so please direct any queries or concerns about that to the customer services team using the link I supplied above, thanks

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Just to confirm Ben that your answer was very helpful! Thank you

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. All the best