Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I had a company that got a county court judgement against me

I had a company that got a county court judgement against me in 2011, I was paying the debt off at £1 per month but back in November 2020 I think the debt was sold and I never filled out the new direct debit for the new company, now they are chasing me and threatening me
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North west England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None Ive just this minute read the letter
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I can think of

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

You need to contact the company to pay the arrears at £1 per month and set up the new direct debit for the new company. I trust this assists