How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10306
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I had a company that got a county court judgement against me

This answer was rated:

I had a company that got a county court judgement against me in 2011, I was paying the debt off at £1 per month but back in November 2020 I think the debt was sold and I never filled out the new direct debit for the new company, now they are chasing me and threatening me
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North west England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None Ive just this minute read the letter
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I can think of

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

You need to contact the company to pay the arrears at £1 per month and set up the new direct debit for the new company. I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you