Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I was served with a Statutory Demand on 23rd July 2021,

I was served with a Statutory Demand on 23rd July 2021, during the 'relevant period' between 1st March 2020 and 30th September 2021. It was my belief that the Demand was void because of this. I did not appliy to have the Demand set aside because of this and am now facing a bankruptcy petition. Would this be an accepted reason to oppose the petition?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I have'nt talked to a lawer yet. I am in England.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have made offers to the creditor for repayment of the debt and i have been paying it anyway even though the offers have not been accepted
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The debt amount includes some disputed invoices but the majoirty is payable

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
thank you

I am afraid not, however, if you can get the debt owed below £5,000 you cannot be made bankrupt. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
ok thanks

Happy to help, take care

Thank you for your time on the phone I am glad it was of asssitance. Take care