Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I recently placed a bid on I bidder auction site, Devon, it

Hi i recently placed a bid on I bidder auction site
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Devon
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: it was for a vehicle, which I did not meet the reserve
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the reserve was lowered overnight making me highest bidder at present. Auction ends tonight

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What is your specific query in relation to this please, so that I can best advise?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Reference on line auction ending tonight on I bidder

Hi there. What is your specific query in relation to this please, so that I can best advise?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi, you have just taken payment for a phone call?!

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

PS: any payment queries must be directed to customer services please, thanks

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with general information, which hopefully will still be useful to you. You state you placed a bid on an auction site but did not meet the reserve, yet that was subsequently lowered, making you the highest bidder. If the auction ends and you are still the highest bidder, you would have won the auction and be legally contracted to make the purchase.

This is al legal as long as it is allowed under the terms of the auction site, but the seller having the opportunity to lower the reserve means it is likely going to be included in the terms and they would have then been provided with the facilities to use that if they chose to.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.