12826847

I have been wrongly accused of reporting a local farmer to

I have been wrongly accused of reporting a local farmer to the water resources Wales agency for dumping slurry into the river but I did not. The agency will not let him know it was not me. They have suggested he contacts the ICO. They also suggested I contact CAB to see if there's anything you can do to help as I live in a very small community and this is very upsetting. Kind regards Amanda
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No, I haven't talked to a lawyer and I live in Wales.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The farmer knocked on my door yesterday and I called the water resources agency this morning.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Back in May there was a slurry lorry at the river with a hose from it going in to the river. When I asked what they were doing they said that 3 times a year they could take water from the river. I did take a picture and was satisfied with their answer. The person I spoke with was the farmer's son. Yesterday the farmer who came to my door said they received notification from the agency 3 days after I had approached his son and he said it was too much of a coincidence. But it was not me

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Jo, I'm new to this, is this going to cost me anything as I do not want to waste your time if it is.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi Jo, sorry, I'd contacted the CAB for free advice as I cannot afford to pay. Sorry I've wasted your time

All you can really do is repeat that you were not responsible for this.

you cannot force them to confirm it was not you although I am not sure why they would not. That breaches nothing at all.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you Jo. The agency also advised that the farmer could contact the ICO but again, they may or may not confirm it wasn't me. Thank you for your help.

he could do that.

or he could just ask them.