Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I'd just like a quick answer to a question I have. I have

I'd just like a quick answer to a question I have. I have inherited a property along with my two siblings after my dad died. They want to sell and I'd like to buy them out, but we have an interested cash buyer and they're not happy I'm taking my time. Can they (2/3 of us three) approach this potential buyer without my knowledge?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: We all own it outright, the interested buyer lives in the same village, as far as I know he hasn't looked around, but he has shown a serious interest in buying the property. I'm worried my siblings will approach him without telling me and I'll be forced into a corner or unable to do anything.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Wales Mid wales
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

1.  Your two sisters can approach the potential buyer and discuss selling the property without out.  There is no legal rule that you need to be included when two thirds of joint owners seek to sell a property.  However, the property cannot be sold without you agreeing.  However, you would need to match the best price of any potential third party buyer if you are to buy the property.  So, be prepared to pay full price for the property if you wish to purchase it. Ultimately, your two sisters are entitled to get the best price possible for the property and you need to pay the price anyone else offers for it.

2. If you require clarification or if you wish to share additional information, I will  be happy to assist further in the resolution of your question.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. I am prepared to offer the price the property was valued at. Thank you for your answer.

3.  You are welcome.  Glad to be of assistance.