RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I have to submit an invoice for work that I did in the UK

I have to submit an invoice for work that I did in the UK but for a client in Argentina. How should I prepare the invoice? The total amount would be USD 5000 . Thanks

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you for the question.  You can do this any way you like, you can ask for it to be paid in USD or GBP etc. and they will pay that sum, the only thing is that yo u bank may charge y ou some money on the basis of handling international funds transfer, however how you present the invoice to them is your own choice.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
With respect to the actual payment , it is not that easy due the strict currency laws now being enforced in Argentina. I was wondering more along the lines of specific wording for the invoice. Thanks

That may be an Argentinian law question.  However in an invoice you will want to set out the work done a breakdown of the costs in relation to that invoice.  I am not qualified in the specific foreign laws you have spoke of.