Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have a civil matter, Newham london, None, Its about

I have a civil matter
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Newham london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Its about protective clothing and its been stolen by the college Iam going to and they are trying to throw me of the course by saying they will contact me for a meeting then just wait for my attendance to go below the threshold and take me of the course for attendance

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Please explain your situation in some more detail; what exactly has happened?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I was at college and I was going to lesson and I dropped my gloves that I've been wearing from home to college and to the gym at 12 or 3 in the mornning.They've seen me for 3 months wearing them in the building because that where I take them off.They are biking gloves

OK thanks, ***** ***** is your specific query please so that I can best advise?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They tried to take them I refused then they took me into a room and claimed they wabt to hear my side of the story, they made hypothetical situations and asking questions about my past not the situation.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Want
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the head of security started using false equivalence fallcies by comparing my gloves to knives then when I told him what he did he continued with projecting.then said I had to leave for the day and come back on monday but I wanted my gloves back and they refused to give them back even though I wanted to leave them thier
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
they haven't sent anything.They also bent my I.D that was around my neck
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The guard had issues with me from the first day
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
He has napolean syndrome so he talks about things out of hes job description like private residentual green areas
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I just want my gloves back and thats it.are you thier
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They also phoned me and called me a tramp passive aggressive and condescendling.I just ignored it.I called the police and they asked them to give the gloves back then napolean bullshitted and said I aggressively threw the gloves insinuating I threw it at them and she saud wait for the meeting that wont come untill my attendance goes below the threshold
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
The guard also kept saying this doesnt work so I kept asking him what because it wasn't making any sense
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I need to know can I get my gloves back and stop him from bullying someone else wuth severe ADHD
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Because ut happends alot
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It said it wasn't a police matter that its a civil matter even though they threatened with the police first.So Iam wondering how to I get my gloves back because they refused to give them back when I asked for them.what is the ruling on protective wears

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about this situation and any associated issues.

Whilst you cannot force them to return your gloves, if they refuse to do so you can consider pursuing them for compensation for their value. Whether you do that, considering it is a relatively low amount, is up to you but it is your right to do it and it is there as an option.

If a party wishes to pursue another for financial compensation arising out of a dispute between them, they can potentially do so by making a court claim. However, as legal action should only be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without the need to involve the courts. It is therefore recommended that the following steps are taken in order to try and resolve this:

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time – 14 days is reasonable. They should be advised that if they fail to make contact to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for compensation. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this without the need for legal action. There are numerous templates available online for such letters and a simple search will bring up a list of useful results.

3. If the letter before action is also ignored, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome. There will be a fee payable, which depends on the amount that is claimed. The other side will eventually get a copy of the claim and they will have a limited time to answer it. They could accept it and pay what is owed, they could accept it only in part and defend the rest, or they could outright reject it. They could also completely ignore it, in which case judgment will eventually be entered automatically against them. Also, it is worth noting that the simple act of submitting a claim could show the other side that this is being taken seriously and prompt them to consider negotiating a potential solution to stop the claim progressing further, such as offering full or partial payment of the amount sought in the claim.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
send a letter first

Yes that would be the starting point

I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.