Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Dear Pearl, My wife and I live in a mobile home, aand have

Customer Question

Dear Pearl, My wife and I live in a mobile home, aand have done for the past three years. When we moved onto the site we were lead to believe it was for over 55's, which suited us for the peace and quite. Then we found that a lad in his 20's was living next door and he said he was a carer for his Nan. His behaviour is another matter in relation to ignoring what we believed were the rules. His Nan passed away in March this year, and we were lead to believe he would have to leave the property if not least due to his age. However he is still living there and has moved his girlfriend in with him. It Turns out the owner of the site had not applied for a licence until recently, and so it appears there are no rules on the site. The owner of the land advertises on his website over 45's although this has not been altered in the way of the law, with providing the residents with alterations to rules that do not exist. I have written to the owners solicitore aho maintains that the lad is legally able to live there as he was living there at the time of his Nan's death, although it is believed the property was willed to hia mother and an uncle who do not live at te property which seems to mean they are using it as a second home and leasing it to the mothers son. Can you help please?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in the Midalds of the UK, and no I have not spoken to a solictor. I am a pensioner and do not have that sort of money.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Should read Midlands of the UK
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have emailed the site owners solicitor who is negative about it all and to the council department who again are completely negative about it. I have emails from both.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Ultimately it is entirely down to the sites owners as to what the rules are and what rules they are prepared to enforce. If you have a written legal agreement from the owners for example starting the site is only for over 55's you can rely on that but it seems you do not and therefore there is no legal basis to challenge the occupation of this individual unfortunately. I trust this assists