Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Does a house which has been divided into five flats have to

Does a house which has been divided into five flats have to be a limited company
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: It is in Ferndown Dorset
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: It has been registered as a limited company but mu
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: husbands and I are not happy about this

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

It does not have to be no, and if this in relation to the limited company controlling the freehold and then each leaseholder having a vote then it is typical but means that a leaseholder could be outvoted in relation to their freehold interest whereas if no company is formed each leaseholder with a freehold share has a veto essentially in relation to any acts of the freeholders collectively. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you.That is very helpful.
Happy to help take care