How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5866
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

16 year old lying to the police, Birmingham uk, Nothing, No

This answer was rated:

16 year old lying to the police
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Birmingham uk
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Can they get in trouble for wasting police time? The police came to the house on saturday. He said he was abused. They made the suspect leave. He told me he lied. Now im scared about what could happen to him. What's best for me to do and what can we expect when he tells the police the truth?

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What is the best course of action for us right now

The first thing to find out is, did he actually lie or is his simply changing his mind because he is worried that police are involved and is scared.

If he has lied to the police, yes they could charge him with wasting police time, but actually that does not happen that often. He may simply get a good telling off by the police.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
What if its something as serious as abuse?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is it best to wait for the police to contact him or to contact the police straight away?

As long as the police have not arrested the person accused or interviewed them them now is the best time to stop the matter and lies.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank you for your help.

If he has lied, then he needs to tell the police.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you