How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3765
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I’m having difficulty in trying to get a refund from HMRC re

This answer was rated:

I’m having difficulty in trying to get a refund from HMRC re SDLT
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Post Code E14 8AX London uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have all the information I need, I’ve confirmed this with someone in the correct dept at HMRC. The problem is negotiating their website HMRC Gateway etc.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you. Do I understand correctly that you will not be able to make the application on my behalf?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
OK I’ll give up now and try another time. I assume you will not take £44 from my credit card.

Apologies for the late hour.   Are you looking for someone to provide representation.  If that is the case, I am afraid that is not something we can provide via the website, however, I can provide you with a link in order to find a local solicitor who would be able to process the application on your behalf.  You will want to be aware of the time limits on the refunds and ensure you are not falling out of time for this.   If you have used a conveyancing solicitor for the sale/purchase they really should be doing this on your behalf.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Once I knew you could not represent me I decided not to proceed with your service. I trust £44 has not been removed from my account.

I haven noting to do with fees.  If there is an issue you will want to speak to website admin.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Please stop contacting me I’m unable to finish in the way you suggest. Rate and finish is not working. Janet Digby-Baker

Again, you will need to contact the website admin,   I do not have any administrative ability.  I can only answer queries.

Customer: replied 22 hours ago.
I don’t wish to continue with just answer. Please stop text messages.