How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick;Lawyer Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 154
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
Patrick;Lawyer is online now

I have entered the Victims'Right to Review scheme following

Customer Question

Hi, I have entered the Victims'Right to Review scheme following an unsatisfactory result from the CPS. In their guidelines it states that "the victim does not mood to give a reason for the review" but today I received an email from them asking me to identify my reasons. I'm worried that I do not have the legal knowledge to reply to this to give myself the best possible chance. Any advice would be greatl appreciated.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Leeds, but the case would be dealt with in Cumbria
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I only got served with the CPS decision on Friday, and sent my VRR in on Saturday, I have responded to their email today quoting their guidelines
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so. It's a historical sexual abuse case
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 10 days ago.

Hello there and thank you for choosing to use our service. I am an experienced litigation solicitor specialising in pragmatic risk management. I will return to you as quickly as I can to provide my top level summary / RSVP and practical guidance if appropriate. Regards

Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 9 days ago.

Turing to the matter in hand.  It sounds like you will need to obtain a legal opinion in respect of the CPS decision. You should think about enlisting the services of a direct access barrister in your area.  You should possibly cease any communications until you have consulted with a legal professional.  You should prepare a top line case summary and chronology along with the CPS decision and set up a formal consultation when convenient.  Let me know how you get on.  I wish you well.  Regards

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** I do this?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don't have any money
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please don't call me, I can't afford the call
Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 8 days ago.
Understood.  Take care, keep safe and we wish you well. Regards