Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My 2 kids booked and paid for flights from London to Lagos

My 2 kids booked and paid for flights from London to Lagos by air Maroc in July for 18th Dec to return on 2nd jan .
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: We live in the Uk and air Maroc just cancelled their flights less than a month and similar tickets are now a £1,000 more each
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: nothing except to start looking for flights . They also said if they book on other days , they will have to pay if it’s more expensive
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: or they can have their refund which does not cover any ticket now as it’s high season that is why they booked in late June / early July . They wedding they are going for is 19th and 22nd Dec and their aunt is 60 on Dec 28. These kids are 24 and 19 . It’s so unfair that airlines can just behave like this and not be held accountable

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I am sorry to hear about your situation but I will endeavour to help you today.

Unfortunately they would just be entitled to a refund of the flight costs they actually paid, which they have already been offered. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Does it matter that they paid nearly 5 months ago and got cheap seats and now similar seats cost a thousand more per person . Do the airlines have their own ombudsman or can we report to consumer rights
No I’m afraid it makes no difference. You can complain to the Civil Aviation Authority: https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Resolving-travel-problems/How-the-CAA-can-help/How-to-make-a-complaint/
I trust this assists
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Happy to help take care