RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I want to sue a parking company for two reasons - I have

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I want to sue a parking company for two reasons - I have parked in private land (parking bay) of apartments to unload the luggage a for a friend who just moved into apartment with wife and 2 kids
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Reading, UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i have got a court claim i have spoken to them many times and explained the situation that even I have evidence of my friend with rental agreement
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: and all parking spaces are filled and no parking management person is there around , it all locked office in that location to inform them
Expert:  RJM Law replied 9 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello there, thank you sure np
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
please let me know if you have gone through my chat with the assistant
Expert:  RJM Law replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  RJM Law replied 9 days ago.

Thank  you for the question.  You. can sue them if they are in the wrong and due to this you have incurred finical losses, you wold not be entitled to any injury to feelings compensation etc. However if you quantify your losses in your claim and explain the reason the company are liable for these losses you can be successful in your claim against them.  You would use he small claims action for tis matter. Prior to intimating small claim proceedings, you will require to send a letter to the respondent.  It is a simple letter stating that if they do remedy the matter as you have outlined (in the same letter), you will take legal action against them.  This is referred to as a. pre-action protocol letter.  You can complete the forms for a claims action easily online.  You will have to highlight what the issues are and tell them how much you are claiming for, to be honest the first are straight forward and self-explanatory.   If you feel you can do this yourself then you don’t really need to hire a solicitor, but I will provide details for you in case you feel you want to.  You will then receive a response to the claim and a court date.  On the day (unless they offer a settlement) you will appear at the local court and basically provide your evidence and give you claim to the judge, and they will response.  The judge will assess the merits of the claim and defence and make a judgement this may be relatively easy for you to prove so the respondent may well offer a settlement in the meantime.  In terms of evidence, ensure you keep copies of all correspondence, photo’s, social media items etc. you have in connection with the claim.   These can be used to strengthen your case and will be considered in evidence by the court at the hearing.  The strength of your evidence may also help to obtain an ex-judicial settlement.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

https://www.lawsoc-ni.org/solicitors (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.