RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I wonder if you can help me with this matter. I have

Hi, I wonder if you can help me with this matter. I have commissioned a graphic design to a graphic designer based in Switzerland and with which I am having trouble.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I am based in the UK and she is based in Switzerland. I am looking to have some advise first to understand if this is of as standard.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Let me explained what happened.
JA: The Lawyer will be able to walk you through that. Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She has basically delivered six labels artwork with the wrong colours (CMYK) and this was only noticed by myself before the printing since you need to have a specific program to be able to identify.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Please disregard what I wrote before...
She has basically delivered six labels artwork with the wrong colours (CMYK) and this was only noticed by myself once I have received the printing at home (since you need to have a specific program to be able to open the files)

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
She has also been lying to me saying the files were correct, while they weren't! Unfortunately in the meantime, I have spent nearly £500 in printing and wanted to charge here for the reprint because she is actually the only one responsible for this artwork's preparation. In the attachment, you will find the files recording the conversations between me, the designer, and the printing company (who kindly assessed the font of the problem).
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Nobody is on the phone?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Here is another attachment with a WhatsApp exchange between myself and the designer. Looking forward to our call. Thanks, Ines
The system doesn't allow me to attach the document? Why?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I am obviously very disappointed of her 'under standard' behaviour, being dishonest and incompetent. After she caused all these problems she is now willing walking away, and leaving all the mess she caused to my company. Would you think I should simply made her aware of legal consequences and see what she does? What are your thoughts?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi, when are you going to call me?

Thank you for me it looks like another expert attempted to call you.   Did you resolve the matter or are yous till seeking advice.   Thank you.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi, no the call failed (somebody called but could not hear anything) so I haven't had any advise.Thanks

Thank you, ***** ***** still be covered under basic contract law.   I do not know the case law in that county; however the basic principle of contract is the same.  If you have contracted them to do a job, and they have not done it to the required standard, they are in breach of the contract.  They require to remedy the matter.  If they refuse or this is not possible the contract can be terminated and you can make a legal application to recover your losses if they are not willing to compensate you.  As this is over 2 counties you may require an international lawyer to assist.   You will likely find one based in one of the large city firms.   However, you need to try resolve this yourself in the first instance, however if that is not possible, you can look at legal action.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

https://www.lawsoc-ni.org/solicitors (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks for providing this clarification which I fully understand.I have one further question as follow: since the artworks provided were wrong and the printings were unfortunately already done by the time we realized that there was a problem (such details are not visible unless you have and can use a specific program, but this is the reason why we seek support of external designer), am I correct to ask her to pay for the reprinting costs? Is this in my right to do so?If so, would you be able to provide me with a short sentence that I can send to them saying that the standard provided are in breach of contract and she should provide for a new correct files (which she silently provided now) and pay for the damages she caused?To be honest with you the time I have spent to get to the bottom of this has been huge because she was lying or not able to use the program properly? In both cases this is not a professional service and behavior and she needs to take responsibility for what she unfortunately have done wrongly.Looking forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks, Ines

I have offered further time.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, my previous question (just reposted) has not been answered. Please would you be able to help?

If you repost the question on the main page you can request me to look at it.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
You could potentially.  When a contract is breached and you are making a claim (or quantifying a potential claim) you include any costs which I directly in relation to said breach.   Therefore if you have incurred these costs due to the breach, then yes, you can claim for them.