SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I have a twelve year old daughter with significant special

Customer Question

I have a twelve year old daughter with significant special need who attends a mainstream school. I have had several issues recently where I feel they have put my child’s health in serious jeopardy
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sunderland in England
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: I have spoken to several members of staff, the board of governors and the the local attendance officer and the head teacher
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: they made a child who had fallen down a flight of stairs who has a condition where her bones brake easily walk to the other side of the school to reception then on a separate occasion they told her that they wouldn’t be pandering to her anxiety while she was in the middle of a manic episode and sent her back to her class I have also been made aware that this isn’t just an issue my child has but they have also done similar things to several children with sen requirements
JA: OK. I'm sending you to a secure page to join JustAnswer. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 10 days ago.
Hello, welcome to Justanswer.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi what should I do about this situation
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I prefer things in writing my hearing isn’t great
I am a solicitor and It is my pleasure to be assisting you today. I may ask for further information in order to determine a legal position.
Please note that I can guide you, justanswer does not provide legal representation and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.
I may not respond immediately as i will be concluding another case, please bear with me. I will respond once done rest assured today.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
That’s fine I’m assuming that is to do with confidentiality

I am very sorry to hear of this. I note you mention you have been to the board of governors and the head teacher and local authority however you have not said if there has been anything done or if there is a plan of action in place at the moment on how to support your daughter whilst in school. They are creating safe guarding issues for her and the school pastoral care officer should be handling this more sensitively and robustly. The head, now that they know the issues, should be conducting an investigation and if staff are involved  there may have to be disciplinary action. Your child's best interests take precedence and as a scholl they should be seen to be doing their best to prevent issues in school.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. We are always glad to clarify and assist further. Thank you for contacting just answer. All the best.