How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JeremyT1020 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 579
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
JeremyT1020 is online now

What is a quick method to get a divorce when the other party

This answer was rated:

What is a quick method to get a divorce when the other party does not agree on a settlement?
Good evening and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and financial matters so I'd be delighted to offer some guidance.First and foremost, what financial assets do you and your spouse have? Are there any dependent children? What stage of the divorce are you at?Thanks, J
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
There are no children and the one biggest asset is the house she lives in and the man rents elsewhere. They have tried to negotiate twice without reaching a solution. He wants the divorce to be put in front of the judge and his solicitor is not doing. The divorce is dragging over 3 years.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
When negotiations fail surely it is not to renegotiate again?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She wants the house is why he will never agree.

Hello again.  Is there a reason why he cannot uninstruct his solicitor and issue his application in person?  Based on the limited information I have regarding the finances, I should have thought the parties would split the property 50:50 given that there are no children.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
He does not feel comfortable doing this on his own is why he has a solicitor. She is not agreeing to 2 3rds his barrister advised. Then to be put in front of the judge. Do you think if it was a 50/50 split immediately
application the divorce will be finalised quick?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Because he paid for the mortgage and all bills while together.
The only way they would get a financial order approved quickly is if they both agree. If she doesn't agree on a 2/3 split in her favour, she's not going to agree 50:50. How long have they been married and why does she believe e she's entitled to more than 2/3rds?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ok, thank you.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It was on the basis she is not disclosing her income or her financial situation. He brought the house and funded the mortgage after several years of separation.with no input from her is why he wants 2 thirds.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
They got married in 2000.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She is a gold digger he says that is why she wants 100%.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
They separated in 2007.
Good evening. My apologies for the delay in responding. It's been an extremely busy day for me today with my main job.7 years of marriage is a medium length marriage. Considering they split 14 years ago, I cannot see how she could justify 100% - it just isn't going to happen. He simply needs to find a way to get the matter to court before a judge. Even then, it's unlikely to be resolved at the first hearing - they could only settle by agreement. To get to a final hearing where a judge would make a decision would probably take 6-7 months minimum and costs thousands.
Good morning.  I note I have not heard from you for about a week so I trust you are happy with my answers to your questions.  I am now marking this thread complete.  If you do need to contact me again  please mark your question "FAO JeremyT1020" and I will get back to you as soon as possible.  In the meantime, thank you for this question and for using Just Answer.  Kind regards, J
JeremyT1020 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you.