james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I had a fruad felony pending charges and arrest warrents

Hi i had a fruad felony pending charges and arrest warrents issued against me in US, will i be able to Travel to UK from my home country? I have a UK visa. Will i be arrested in UK and extradict to US. I am a resident permit holder in US. Kindly advice me ?

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

If the US law enforcement agencies have issued international arrest warrants for you, then you would be treated as a fugitive and on arrival in the UK could be detained at boarder control, arrested on the warrants and then face extradition proceedings to the USA.

The UK and USA do have good relations for extradition treaties when it comes to criminal offences.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is not a federal crime i have. Is a class C felony charges in the state of Texas. I only have a state warrant

Then in that case it is not likely that you will be detained entering the UK if it is only a state warrant and not a federal issued international warrant.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Was a Fraud of $2K dollars only. Can an extradition happens cos of this poor amount of fraud? Secondly how will i know if i am on international arrest warrants ?

It is very unlikely an international warrant would be issued for such a small amount, it is not worth the paperwork.

Yes extradition could still take place if applied for.

You would only know if you are wanted when you are stopped.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
can i travel to Republic of Ireland with such warrants from US ?

It should not make any difference where you travel in the world if it is not an international warrant.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can i search at Intapol or FBI website for international arrest warrants ? If yes is the source available at the website Legit ?

This is the link to the FBI current list of wanted for fraud. All very high value cases.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wcc