Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Does a recent change in the nation's inheritance law affect

Does a recent change in the nation's inheritance law affect a previous will written while under other prevailing legal circumstances?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Will written in 1974 in the Netherlands, with the designation of English law considering disinheritance. Dutch law has unergone substantial changes since 2003.
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Conflict of law causing cherrie picking to our disadvantage. Currently Dutch law so far with heading towards English barrister input.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: As I understand it my father's Domicile of Choice should be the Netherlands where he died in 1986. Thar would mean Dutch law is applicable. BUT since 1975 Dutch law has changed significantly changing the potential outcome of litigation.

Hi thank you for your message, please note that I will look to provide an accurate but nevertheless speedy reply to your inquiry. I will endeavour to help you today.

The law that is prevailing at the time of death would be applicable even if that has the effect of changing the resulting Will provisions. I trust this assists