james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I need a cifas marker removed from natwest, Birmingham,

Customer Question

I need a cifas marker removed from natwest
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Birmingham
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Final response from bank but I was late
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  james bruce replied 5 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Can I please ask you to give me some more detailed information regarding this matter so as to allow me to work with you and help resolve your enquiry.

What was the marker put in place for, when was this done, and did you do as the bank claims?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi someone used my card and put fraud money there I did a case with bank which is natwest and got a final response but was late from the time frame
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I had this marker for 3 years now had it in 2018 july
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Pls I need it removed I fully stressed out

How did the person get your card? where did the fraud money come from?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
The money I think it came from a company can't remember as it was 3 years ago
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
They tricked me into fraud saying I will get easy money and it was legal and that age I was naive and young
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Pls can you help me i suffered enough

So you gave them your card or card details in an attempt to make quick easy money.

As you were a participant then he marker is going to remain on file for 6 years. The marker is there for the misuse of the facility.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
this what got from cifas i need it removed please sir

You have no say in whether it is removed. You took pat willingly to gain funds quickly you should not have given your details out to do so. This is a consequence of those actions. A marker for misuse of facility will remain on file for six years. You have 3 ore years to go.

As you know why the marker is there,

Once the CIFAS letter has been received, you can then contact the institution Natwest that issued your marker to request further information before asking for the marker to be removed.

If Natwest turns down your request for the marker to be removed, you can then request a review directly with the CIFAS, provided that a final response letter has been issued by the Natwest.

If CIFAS uphold Natwest decision and refuse to remove the marker, it’s possible to raise a complaint with the relevant ombudsman for the institution that put the marker in place.

As this was a bank, then the Financial Ombudsman would be the relevant authority to contact.

But because you were involved in what happened, your age makes no difference, it is most likely all agencies will find against you and the marker will remain for the full 6 years.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok I did make the final response But I was late to reply back I replied out side the time frame each time I make a bank I get rejected
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Even basic bank still rejection
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I will finish the conversation tomorrow as of now my battery is low and need some sleep

You can come back anytime, but as you were out of time with the bank, now your only option is to ask CIFAS to remove and if they refuse the financial ombudsman, but again I think they will all refuse to do so,

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Expert:  james bruce replied 4 days ago.

Hello, Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I made a new claim with the bank

Then let’s hope they agree to remove the marker. If they do not you now know the appeals process.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hopefully they do fingers crossed

Good luck