MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I lived in a property for 12 years that was bought by my

Customer Question

I lived in a property for 12 years that was bought by my mum. I invested managed and maintained the property. My name is ***** ***** land regs along with my brother. We all have equal ownership.The first 6 months. Mum and brother put windows in and carried out some works. I also paid for contractors works after this time and continued for 12 years.I have sold property and at a loss. I want to buy a home. Would I be a first time buyer?
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 4 days ago.
Good morning thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. It would not appear that you are a first time buyer as a first time buyer is defined as an individual or individuals who have never owned an interest in a residential property in the United Kingdom.
As you were named on the title documents you will have had an interest in the residential property.
The fact that the property was sold at a loss does not mean that you would qualify as a first time buyer.
Do you have any follow up questions?

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remains unclear I will be happy to assist you further.